Tuesday, January 11, 2022

May 2021

May was a crazy month for us.  We made the unbelievably terrible decision to buy a dog.  His name is Yoshi.  We bought him when he was 4 months old.  The previous owners bought him as a new puppy but couldn't keep him because their apartment didn't allow pets so they took him back to the breeder.  His previous owners called him Yoshi and he already responded to it so we just kept it.  He's a pure bread english cream golden retriever.  He is the most beautiful dog.  He is mostly an outside dog we let him in when it's really cold at night to sleep in his kennel but other than that he stays outside.  He is the sweetest friendliest dog that just wants to be pet all the time but he has grown absolutely huge!!! He constantly jumps on people which is a huge problem because he's almost as tall as me and weighs about 90 pounds.  My kids are terrified of him because he jumps on them and he's bigger than them so he tackles them to ground.  He is such a freaking stinker I've been seriously thinking about selling him for months.  Everyone keeps telling me that he'll calm down once he's not a puppy but I don't know if I can't even stand him that long.  He is seriously the worst we can't even use our backyard because he's always jumping on the kids and there is poop everywhere.  Lincoln wanted him so bad he begged and begged for a dog but he didn't even love him for a month.  He got tired of him even faster than I thorught he would.  I really like him during the summer because I take him hiking with me when I go alone and he does force me to be active even in the winter when it's cold.  He just needs to stop jumping on people.  He'll be one in a couple of weeks so if he hasn't calmed down by the summer I'm going to sell him.  I can't handle him taking over the whole backyard and destroying everything.  He's already chewed through our internet cables and the power cord on our smoker.  He is just so hard and I don't know if I love him enough to put up with anymore. 







Bubba played T-Ball for the first time this year.  He was not emotionally mature for it at all.  He is such a shy and timid kid he hated it so much.  Someone had to stand by him every second and run all the bases with him and even then he still was really nervous and cried and refused to play.  Half of the games he sat in my lap and refused to play.  His cousin was even on his team and it didn't help him at all. 







Jordan broke his hand in a mountain biking accident.  He was in Moab biking with one of his friends and he hit a tree with his hand at the beginning of the ride. He kept riding for another 16 miles and his hand kept swelling more and more.  He drove home put his bike up on the rack and then came in the house and said "I might have broken my hand.  I took one look at it and it was obvious he broke it.  We went to instacare and then he followed up with a sports medicine doctor who then referred him to an orthopedic doctor who said he needed surgery.  He ended needing screws put in his hand to keep the bones in position.  Luckily it has healed well since surgery and he's doing great. I was just a little upset that he broke it.  Mountain biking makes me really nervous because it's a dangerous sport but he loves it. 


We spent some time with cousins and went to the cemetery for Memorial day.



We went to the Little Sahara sand dunes near Nephi and rode Shelley's side by side.  It was fun it was just really windy that day so the sand blowing was kind of miserable.  My boys liked side by siding but got bored and miserable pretty quickly on the sand dunes waiting their turn.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment