Friday, February 20, 2015

St George

Over Valentine's day weekend we went to St. George with some friends.  On the way down the boys were really good.  I was so surprised that they were so good.  Towards the end they started to get a little grumpy but most of the way they just played with toys and each other.  We had lots of treats which helped and they each had a backpack full of toys.

We made it down to St. George before our friends so we went to Snow Canyon for a while until we could check into our hotel.
Petrified Dunes Trail



After hiking Link needed a nap so we drove around for a while and I took Jacks to see the temple while Jordan sat in the car with Link asleep. The boys are starting  to recognize and appreciate temples and churches.  When we go for walks or drives they always point out the churches and temples.  Jacks really enjoyed walking around the grounds and going in the visitors center.  I wanted to back when Link was awake but we didn't quite make it.

After Link's nap we headed back to Snow Canyon and hiked Jenny's Canyon.  I'd never done that hike before and I really liked it.  It's only about .5 miles and leads to a fun little slot canyon with cool rock formations. Link thought it was haunted.  He kept saying "Scary ghosts" and pointing.  It was really funny. He was a little scared.  Jacks liked it though.  
"Scary ghosts!"




After Jenny's Canyon we went to our favorite place the sand dunes in Snow Canyon and met up with our friends.  


Making sand angles


We love the sand dunes.  Jacks had so much fun playing with his friends.  After the sand dunes we went out to eat then back to the hotel to swim.  The kids had a lot of fun swimming together.  The pool was freezing so we mostly hung out in the hot tub.  The cold didn't bother Link he kept trying to jump into the deep end of the pool by himself.  That kid seriously has no fear.  It scares me to death!  He's my little dare devil.  
Getting the boys to bed at home is really hard and it's even worse away from home.  They were luckily really warn out from such a long day.  We took them for a ride and they both fell asleep.  Jacks was awesome and slept all night and Link was a nightmare.  He was up all night.  I had to put him in my bed and cuddle him all night and he pretty much woke up every 30-60 minutes all night long.
They were so excited to share a bed.  It was just hard to sleep that excited.  Brother love.

The next day the kids woke up ridiculously early. We got up and went to Pioneer Park.  I went there as a kid and remembered it being really fun so I was so excited.  It was just as awesome as I remembered. The boys had so much fun running around climbing all the rock formations.  Link almost ran off a cliff which freaked me out.  Jordan ran after him and caught him just in time.  We had to watch him really really close.  Jacks and Link are opposites.  Jacks was so scared and wouldn't get anywhere near edges.  Link just ran around and wasn't scared at all.  We went on top of the Dixie rock and Jacks was pretty freaked out.  I think he inherited my fear of heights. Link unfortunately did not.  It was  a lot fun but also kind of stressful because Link has no fear. 







After Pioneer Park the boys went golfing and we headed to the Children's Museum.  Jacks had so much fun with his friend Cameron.  



The Children's Museum was a lot of fun.  After we went to lunch then back to Pioneer Park.  The kids love that place.  There are tons of fun places to climb and play.  




After Pioneer Park Kevin and Kelli went home and we went back to Snow Canyon.  We hiked the Butterfly trail.  I really like Snow Canyon because it's beautiful and it's great for kids.  Most of the hikes are really easy and the kids have lots of fun.  My kids are really good little hikers.  I was really surprised how far they can hike.  The Butterfly trail was kind of fun because there were a lot of great views and you could see the red, white, and black rock it was really pretty. 








My boys love the sand dunes and Jacks begged to stop there one more time before we went home.  We stopped for about 15 minutes then headed home.  It was a fun trip and the boys loved it.  We're going back in March and I can't wait.  

No comments:

Post a Comment