November
In November we tried to move the boys into the same room. Before Link was born we bought bunk beds and Jacks has been sleeping in one of them since Link was born. We bunked the beds and tried to move the boys into the same room. Link isn't quite ready for a big bed yet. He got so excited being in a big boy bed with his brother in the room that he couldn't sleep. He just jumped out of bed and played. We set the crib back up after 2 days. Jacks has been having nightmares lately so we were thinking that having Link in his room would help but it just didn't work out.![]() |
| Sleep over. Trial run before setting up bunk beds |
Thanksgiving day was fun my grandma was there and we even got to see Heidi and Amy. Sean was still gone on a rotation so he wasn't there but we got see him the following week. We had a lot of fun and it was a nice day to reflect on all of our blessings and everything that we are grateful for. I'm so grateful for Jordan and my two sweet little boys. I'm grateful for both of our families and all of the support they give to us. We had a really nice Thanksgiving spending time with both of our families.
![]() |
| Link's best buddy Amy |
December
December is always a really fun month. My brother Sean and Jordan's sister both live out state so we don't get to see them very often. They both came during December so it was really fun to see them and their families.In the middle of December Link got a really bad ear infection and had to go on Amoxicillin. He had a horrible allergic reaction to the antibiotic and was covered from head to toe in hives. The poor kid was miserable. We gave him benadryl every 4 hours and zyrtec every 12 and he was still covered in hives. On top of the hives he still had a really bad ear infection and had to switch antibiotics. The poor kid was just sick and miserable for about 2 weeks.
Christmas
I worked a ton in December. I got a job at the Center For Change working PRN so I was trying to work part time at Heritage and train at CFC so it was kind of a nightmare. It was a really busy month so we honestly didn't get to do that much Christmasy stuff. With the weather being cold and everything else I felt like we kind of missed out a little bit in December. Christmas kind sneaked up on us. Jordan and I gave the boys a Jungle Jump A Roo for Christmas. The boys were driving Jordan crazy earlier in the month with me working so much so they got it a little early. They love it!We had a family home evening with the kids to try and teach them the Christmas story. Jacks wrapped a towel around his head and acted out being the shepherd and he had a lot of fun. I think it taught him the general idea. It's so fun that he is old enough to understand things now. I love that he kind of understood the story.
Jacks and Link were both really excited for Santa to come this year. Link didn't really understand who what Santa does but he recognized him and got really excited whenever he saw a Santa. Jacks finally understood it this year and I could manipulate him by telling him he had to be good because Santa was watching. It worked like a charm I just wish he'd fall for it all year long. It was really fun seeing my cute little boys so excited about setting up the tree and other Christmas traditions.
On Christmas day I had to work a half shift 12-6. It kind of sucked working in the middle of the day but it was okay I still got Christmas morning to open presents and then the night to spend with my family. The boys had a lot of fun opening presents. Link just kind of ran around but Jacks really got into it. Jordan and the boys went to my parents while I was suffering at work then I went to their house after. It was fun except for the whole working part.
Every year my grandma has a Christmas party with all my extended family. We ate and played bunko. Jacks loved bunko this year. He sat on Michael's lap for the whole game and helped him play. Link ran around like a crazy. It was a lot of fun Jacks had fun with my cousins kids.
New Years
My kids had hand foot mouth on New Years Eve. It's really contagious and they were kind of miserable so we just spent the night at home as a family.







.jpg)










No comments:
Post a Comment