Harrison's birthday is on April Fool's day so we did a fun little April Fool's party for him. He didn't really know what was going on he was just happy he got to play outside and eat cake. We played fun little tricks on all the kids and they loved it! I was so bad and I didn't take very many pictures or videos so I'm so sad! I should have recorded their reactions to some of the tricks because they were priceless. We started out with whoopie cushions everywhere.
I didn't tell the kids that it was an April Fools party so they weren't expecting anything. I put Jello in clear cups and set them out then told the kids it was juice. Watching them try to drink the Jello was hilarious. It took them forever to realize what it was. It was so hilarious. My two 4 year old nephews just kept sucking and sucking the straw forever before they got that it wasn't actually a drink.
We ate lunch and then cut the cake. There was a fun little surprise in store with the cake. I blew up a balloon, then cut one side off of a cereal box and then taped the balloon in. Then I frosted it with whipped cream and put lots of sprinkles on it. When I cut into the cake it exploded! The kids thought it was great. I feel bad I didn't get a picture or a video of the cake I wish that I'd recorded because the little 4 year old's reaction was amazing. We then had brownies which I put in a dark pan so no one could see them and covered them in tin foil. They were actually just brown paper cut into E's. After our brown E's we had the real cake and then opened presents. The gift bags were all April Fools Pranks I got poop splat balls, whoopie cushions, and little packets that exploded and let off a foul smell.
It was a really fun party the little kids except one of my nephews thought the tricks were great. He asked me "Karen, why you keep tricking me?" Jackson and Link had such a great time. Harrison had a bad cold on his birthday so he was just kind of grumpy and miserable. He didn't sleep well the entire week of his birthday. I felt so bad for him. His birthday was on a Saturday and it was conference so we just had his party between sessions and then Jordan went to the priesthood session with his family. Shelley came over to hang out with us and poor bubba just could not go to bed it was like 11 o'clock before he actually went to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment