Thursday, May 14, 2015

I Love to See the Temple

We recently had the opportunity to go to the Payson Temple open house.  We're so excited to have a temple this close to our house.  The temple is beautiful and we loved walking through it. My boys were actually really good as we went through.  There is a 10 minute video you watch before you go through the boys struggled through that but they were really good walking in the temple, they were so reverent.  We had  a couple fhe's about the temple and how you act while in the temple before we went and that really helped especially for Jacks.  
Even though it isn't dedicated yet there was a special spirit in the temple and I think the boys felt it. I was so worried about taking my kids I thought they'd just try to run but they were so sweet.  It was so fun to see the look on my boys faces as we walked through. We've been to a lot of other temples with my kids but they've obviously never been able to go inside and they don't really understand why.  They've always wanted to go inside so bad and I think it was really special to take them through together as a family.  Jordan had to take time off work and we had to go pretty early but it was totally worth it.  We're so happy to get a new temple near us and that we had the opportunity to go see it as a family.  
Jordan has the opportunity to go volunteer there tomorrow helping with volunteer parking.  We saw Jordan's dad and a lot of other people we knew volunteering the day we went through.  I'm so happy we get the opportunity to visit and volunteer in such a special place. We're excited for the dedication and the chance we'll have to go to our new temple.        






No comments:

Post a Comment