Tuesday, April 29, 2014

St George

A couple weeks ago Jordan had to go down to St. George for a work conference and we were lucky enough to go with him.  Jordan unfortunately had to work most of the time but the boys and I had a TON of fun.  My mom is awesome and came down for one night to help me with the kids while Jordan was at work.  We drove down on Tuesday night. We had a really rough first night.  The boys had a really hard time sleeping in the hotel. 

Jordan took the car to work the next morning so I was stuck with the boys by myself with no car for about 3 ½ hours until my mom got there from Orem.  The kids were tired and grumpy and we were stuck at the hotel.  We went down to the pool and stuck our feet in and the boys loved it and wanted to get in.  It was still only like 65 degrees but I just couldn’t take the kids sitting in the hotel room anymore so we decided to swim in the cold.  The boys loved it. They were both shivering by the time my mom got there but they didn’t want to get out.  Jackson kept telling me “I’m not cold!  Keep swimming!” 
Tired, grumpy boys watching Micky Mouse Club House waiting for Grandma.

Ready to swim


The kids were so tired from not sleeping the night before that we just drove around for an hour while they slept.  We went to lunch and then off to have some fun. We took the kids to the Children’s Museum.  The kids loved it!  Once I got over my OCD and the fact that it’s a giant breeding ground for germs we had a lot of fun.  You can touch and play with everything there and my kids loved it!

















Jackson loved this dragon.
After the Children’s Museum we went to the splash pad that’s right outside the Children’s Museum.  It was so cute there was a fun splash pad a little river and a little water fall the kids could play in.  My boys loved it!  The weather was perfect.  We didn’t have swimming suits with us so they just swam in their cloths. They were a little cold by the time they were done but they still had lots of fun.


After Jordan got off work we had dinner and then just went swimming.  Jackson slept in my mom’s room and was really good all night.  We had to take Link for a ride to get him to sleep.  He woke up about every 2 hours during the night I just held him for a minute and went right back to sleep. The next day my mom and I took the kids to Snow Canyon.  We went to the Sand Dunes and the kids loved it. 






Link started getting tired after a while so we went for a little ride through Snow Canyon and he went right to sleep.  My mom waited in the car with Link so he could get a nap while Jacks and I went on a little hike on the Petrified Dunes trail.  Jackson climbed up everything and had so much fun.  I kept trying to get him to let me take a picture and he kept telling me “Later mom.  It’s too fun to stop.”  I had a hard time getting him to go back to the car because he was having so much fun.  My mom took him on the Pioneer Names trail and I sat in the car with Link. 

We weren't planning on hiking so we were both wearing flip flops. We got some weird looks from the intense hikers in their crazy hiking gear.
After Snow Canyon we went to the splash pad again and then rode the Carousel.




That night we met Dusty for dinner.  It was so fun to see Dusty.  Jackson LOVES Dusty!  He was so excited all day to see Dusty.  My mom left from the restaurant to go home and Jordan, the kids and I went to Snow Canyon.  We went on a fun little hike on the Petrified Dunes again.  My kids love hiking.  Jackson walked the whole way except the tricky parts where we carried him and Link wanted to walk the whole time. 



 After our hike we went back to the sand dunes.  While we were at the sand dunes we saw one of my mom’s best friends who lives in St George.  It was crazy that we saw her.  It was really fun to talk to her and Jackson had a lot of fun playing with her grandkids.

 
The next day I was alone with my kids for the first time during our trip.  It made me appreciate my mom so much!  I’m so grateful that she came down and spent 2 days with us.  It was so helpful to have her there.  Taking 2 kids places is not easy!  It was so much easier and more fun having her there.  The boys and I checked out of our hotel and went to Snow Canyon again to the sand dunes. Jordan only had a half day of work so we played in the sand until it was time to pick him up. 

After picking Jordan up we went and toured the Brigham Young house.  It was interesting but not an easy place to take a 1 year old.  Link didn’t like it at all!  We then went to the temple grounds and walked around.  Jackson loves the temple.  He really wanted to go inside and didn’t really understand why he couldn’t.  When it was time to go he didn’t want to leave.  Link loved it because he just ran around like a crazy man and there were plenty of rocks for him to play in and carry around.



After the temple we went to the Children’s Museum again.  It was kind of busy and not as fun as the first time but we still enjoyed it.  We then walked around the Art festival in the park.  It was really fun and the weather was perfect.  My kids were so tired that they were falling asleep on us while we were walking.  We had planned to stay until 7 but since they were so tired we decided to just go home early. 

The kids slept for an hour and a half in the car then woke up a little grumpy.  We needed a break from the car so we stopped at Cove Fort.  The tour was fun for everyone except Link.  He just wanted to run around like a crazy man like usual.

We had so much fun on our trip!  I was sad we had to come home but at the same time it wore me out so much I probably couldn’t have taken another day.  I love that my kids are finally old enough that we can do fun stuff.  Since this trip was a success I’m already planning our next adventure.  I really want to go to Goblin Valley this summer.  Jackson loved hiking so much that I think my kids will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment