A few weeks ago someone asked me if
I’m sending Jackson to Preschool in the fall.
This took me by surprise. I have been looking forward to sending Jackson to Preschool for a while but it always
seemed like it was so far away. It hit
me that Jackson almost 3.
He is getting old and it makes me feel old!!! It seems way too soon to send my baby to
school. My kids are growing up way too fast! Link just turned 1 and I can’t believe it! It seems like yesterday we brought him home
from the hospital and suddenly he’s running around into everything and starting
to talk. I wish we could run away to
Neverland so they never have to grow up.
I’m turning 26 in June and it kind
of bothers me. I feel like I’m getting really old. When I was young I remember always wanting to
be older. I have 3 older brothers and
most of my cousins are older than me.
Growing up I always felt like I was too young to do everything! My brothers had all the fun and I was always
left out because I was too young. I just
wish that I knew then what I know now.
Growing up is over rated! Having kids is awesome because I don’t
really have to grow up in a lot of ways.
I can still act like I’m 8 years old and no can even mock me because I
have my kids as an excuse. Jackson is old enough now that we
have started doing things together that I did as a kid. We get to do tons of fun little kid stuff. It’s so fun to see my kids enjoy the same
things I did as a kid (and still do).
Jackson
is obsessed with Peter Pan right now. He
loves the movie and loves to pretend to be Captain Hook and Peter Pan. He gets hangers and we have “sword” fights. Jacks yells “Curse you Peter Pan!” while we
sword fight it’s hilarious. I had hanger
sword fights with my siblings all the time as a kid which I loved! But it’s even more fun doing it with
Jackson. I seriously love it! Jacks and Link both like to “fly” like Peter
Pan. Jackson will spread his arms out
like Peter Pan while Jordan and I carry him and Link and run around our house. I love that Jackson has an imagination and it
is really fun to pretend with him. It
makes me feel like a kid again.
One of our favorite things right now
is building blanket forts and watching Disney movies. We build a fort pretty much every day! Jackson and Link love it (but not nearly as
much as I do)! When I was a kid I LOVED
building forts with my brothers and sister.
And I’ll never be too old for Disney movies!!! There is nothing better than watching Peter
Pan inside a blanket fort with my kids. Seriously!!!
I’ll still do it when I’m like 60
years old! People will think I’m senile
but the truth is I’ll just be immature.
My kids love to play outside and go
to the park. I love taking my kids to
the park. I’ll never be too old to enjoy
the park. I’m just glad I have 2 kids so
I can play on the playground and not look like a creeper. Jackson got a plasma car for Christmas and we
love it!!! Jordan and I love it more
than our kids do. Luckily my kids aren’t
quite big enough to ride it alone so they just sit in our laps. When Jackson gets older we might fight over
it.
Jackson and I both love to
read. I love to read to him. I love
children’s books but they get kind of old the 100th time you read
them. I hope my kids like the same books
as me because I can’t wait to read them real books. I’ve started making a list of all the books I’m
going to read them when they get a little older! I’m so excited to read them Harry Potter,
Fablehaven, Beyonders, Percy Jackson, and about a million others. Link doesn’t really like books yet but I’m
hoping when he gets a little older he will.
Having kids is so much fun. I love seeing them grow and learn new
things. The older they get the more fun
they are. I love to see them like the same
things that I did as a kid. Part of me
will always wish that we could run away to Neverland so they never have to grow
up and can stay little and innocent forever. Since this isn't possible I’ll just
try to enjoy them while they are little and still want me around.
I love this song right now! Some of the lyrics are a little retarded like most Taylor Swift songs but I still love it. It's really sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment