Wednesday, March 5, 2014

I Solemnly Swear I Am Up to No Good

Jackson and Link are only 20 months apart and like most brothers they have a love/hate relationship they can be the best of friends or worst enemies.  I wanted to have my kids close hoping that they would be friends.  My sister is only 2 years younger than me and I loved having a sibling that close in age we were always buddies.   Jackson and Link almost always want to be together.   If Jackson is the first one up in the morning the first thing he always asks me is “Where’s Link?”  Both boys hate being awake while the other is asleep.  Link wanders around the house looking for Jackson and then walks over to his bedroom door and knocks.  Jackson will constantly ask me where Link is, and if I’m not paying attention he runs into Link’s room and wakes him up.  They follow each other around all day.  It’s really funny and cute.  Jackson loves to play in his room and always wants Link in there with him.  He tells Link “Link come in my room!”  If Link doesn’t follow him in he tells me “Put Link in my room.”  They go in his room and Jackson shuts the door so Link can’t escape.  They love to play together.    
Link loves to make messes!  Jackson usually sees him making a mess and decides to show him how it’s done.  The 2 of them together are like a tornado.   By the time I clean up one mess they have made about 5 more messes.   They are in cahoots to destroy my house and my sanity.  They have one motto “I solemnly swear I am up to no good”.  They love to pull everything out of the pantry, kitchen and bathroom cupboards, Jackson’s closet, and anything else I’m careless enough to leave open.  They both love throwing toys over the gate and down the stairs.  They just love to team up and be naughty!  When things get quiet I know it’s time to worry.  Jordan and I are in trouble!  They are a handful now and I’m sure it’ll only get worse once they’re older and a little smarter.  I'm sure those two mischievous masterminds will come up with some crazy plans to terrorize!

Mischief Managed
       
Jackson looks out for Link.  He hates it when Link cries.  He runs up to me and tells me “Link’s crying!  Get him!” Jackson is a sympathetic crier when Link cries for more than a minute Jackson will usually get upset and start crying too and then I have 2 boys screaming which is always fun.  If Link is ever crying in his crib Jackson steps up on his crib and talks to him and gives him toys to try to console him.  In the car Jackson hands him toys across the backseat.  It’s so sweet to look back and see both of their little hands stretched across the middle seat handing each other things.
My boys really love each other but they also get on each other’s nerves!  They constantly fight!  I referee fights all day long.  They fight over toys and just about everything else.  Jackson is constantly yelling at me “MOM pick him up!!”  or “Get Link, he’s bugging me”  Jackson pushes and hits Link constantly!  Link pulls Jackson’s hair and bites him.  Link starts a lot of fights because he always wants to be in the middle of everything.  He wrecks Jackson’s puzzles, Lego towers and tries to take the toy that Jackson is playing with.  Jackson isn’t very good at sharing and doesn’t really understand that Link doesn’t understand so it usually ends in a fight.  Jackson can be mean sometimes and just for no reason take Link’s toys and throw them.  Poor Link is so small that he never wins their fights.  A few weeks ago we had our first case of video game caused violence in our house.  Jackson and Link were fighting over a Nintendo 64 game and Jackson grabbed it and hit Link in the face causing a small cut by his eye.  If they are anything like my brothers this won’t be the last time a video game starts a fight!!  Hopefully we have a few years before the next one.
 

Even though my kids constantly fight they really do love each other.  Having kids 20 months apart is a lot of work but so much fun.  I love those little guys and how much they love each other.   I hope they're always best friends.







No comments:

Post a Comment