Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Quick Update

Jackson

Jackson is in 1st grade and he seems to be doing pretty well. I was really worried about him going into first grade but he seems to be doing okay.  He caught up really well at the first of the year.  Things are getting a lot harder now and he seems to be starting to struggle again.  I'm seriously blown away by how hard his homework is.  His spelling words are really hard and he's really struggling with them.  I just can't believe the other kids aren't because they're tough.  
Jacks seems to have friends at school.  He's kind of crazy sometimes so some of the girls don't really like him but he has a lot of friends that are boys.  He got sent to the principles office about a month ago.  He put his hands on his friend's shoulders trying to play with him and his friend got mad and head butted him in the face so they both got sent to the principle's office and had to sit there during recess.  There were clearly no hard feelings though because I asked him what he did in the principles office and he said he and his friend played rock paper scissors shoot until the secretaries separated them so I guess they're still friends.  
Jackson is really into playing with friends ALL THE TIME.  He has a really good friend in our neighborhood named Jack that basically lives at our house.  I'm so glad he has friends he's such a sweet kid he just gets a little crazy trying to show off for his friends sometimes.  He loves video games so much right now.  He got a super nintendo classic for Christmas and he's already beat Donkey Kong and just wants to play ALL THE TIME.  
Jackson is really into Star Wars right now.  He's been watching all of the star wars movies with Jordan and he's really liked those a lot.  We have a lot of sword fights.  I took him to see the newest star wars which is like 3 hours long in theaters and he was pretty good he sat through the whole thing.  



Lincoln

Link has kind of been a little bit of a stink lately.  He's been really mean and hitting a lot, he just can't seem to get along with Jackson.  Jackson is usually really sweet to him but Link just gets annoyed when Jackson is even around him.  They haven't been getting along at all lately it's been really frustrating constantly breaking up fights.  Most of their fights shouldn't even be a fight but Link just blows things out of proportion if Jackson even looks at him.  School has been a huge blessing the last few months and I'm kind of dreading summer because they really just can't even be in the same room at the moment.
I've been fighting Link on his language a lot he likes to call people stupid and say I hate you to everyone.  It's been a battle that he's winning.  Some of the funny and not so funny things he's been saying lately  "Of course" "How dare you say that" "That's my best idea" "I command you" "Play with me mom" he went through a little phase where he called everyone a freak for a while.
Link has never been a huge TV kid and right  now he won't really watch it much at all.  He always wants me to play with him.  He loves to play star wars and ninja's.  He pretty much has a light saber in his hand about 50% of the time.  He has some pretty good sword moves it's actually really impressive.  
Lincoln has been going to preschool 3 days a week and he absolutely loves it.  His teacher is so cute and always has the cutest activities, crafts, songs, and little programs.  He really loves his teacher and his friends in his class.  He's been learning a lot and I think he'll be really prepared for kindergarten next year.  He's still doing upstart which he hates!  It's a battle to make him do it and honestly I don't even know why I force him.  It seems like it's either to hard or to easy for him so he just hates it.

Harrison

My sweet little Bubba is getting so big!  It makes me so so so sad.  He'll be 2 in April!  He has changed so much in the past few months.  He has turned into a crazy man!  He thinks he's way older than he is.  He wants to do everything that his brothers do it's so cute but scary because he thinks he can do crazy things he can't.  He is the sweetest little baby ever he loves to cuddle it's super fun and cute but a little hard to ever get anything done.  He absolutely loves Winnie the Pooh.  His favorite movie is the Christmas Pooh movie.
Harrison hasn't been sleeping very well for the past few months.  He's been getting up at least once a night and won't go back to sleep.  Sometimes I take him out on the couch and watch Pooh with him and feed him a snack then try to put him back in bed after an hour or so.  Most of the time I just let him sleep in my bed which is so sweet but I don't usually get much sleep because he likes to lay right on top of me which makes it difficult to breath let alone sleep.  I really love that he loves me so much and loves to cuddle though.  
Bubs has a mouth full of teeth now.  He got kind of grumpy with all of the the teeth he cut and they took forever!  I think he's cutting a couple on the bottom right now so he's been kind of grumpy with that.  He's starting to talk a lot more.  He says "Love You" which is really really sweet and he's getting more and more words all the time.
He is absolutely obsessed with Winnie the Pooh right now.  He has Pooh stuffed animals he loves and 2 Pooh blankets that he can't live without.  He won't go to sleep without his Pooh blankets.  He's just really funny and starting to get really particular about things.  He has to have those 2 blankets tucked just the right way.  When he gets up in the middle of the night he won't share a blanket with me in bed he has to have his Pooh blankets and he knows the difference even in the dark he throws off my blankets and screams "My Blanket!!!!!!!!!!" 
Bubba loves to just be moving all the time and thinks that I should just follow him around all the time.  He grabs my hand and drags me around the house and cries until I figure out what he wants and give it to him.  He's not really very good at hearing no.  Bubba has kind of turned into his brother's shadow.  He follows them around all the time.  He loves Link they have always been buddies since he was born.  Link can be such a stinker but he's always really sweet to Harrison.  Bubba has started to get along with Jackson really well lately to.  They are so cute together Jackson use to just kind of ignore him but lately he's been really sweet and trying to take care of him a lot more.  Jackson really likes it when Harrison follows him around.  Jacks and Link got in fight today over who got to play with Harrison.   It was really annoying but also really sweet at the same time.
Harrison pretty much goes by Bubba all the time now I don't even think he knows his name is Harrison.  When we call him Harrison he says "I'm Bubba."  It's super cute but again kind of concerning because Bubba is just really an ugly name.  I don't really want it to stick and follow him to school or to his friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment