Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Life With 3 Boys

Life has become kind of crazy.  The adjustment from 2 kids to 3 kids is definitely harder than 1 to 2.  Jacks and Link are actually doing really well with having a new baby in the house.  I was so worried about them adjusting and being nice to Harrison.

Right before Harrison was born Link as in a really mean phase.  I was so worried that he'd be mean to him but he's actually done great.  Link has been so sweet with Harrison.  He lays down next to him and says "Hello baby." He calls him Harris and Harrisie.  He grabs his hands and shakes them and says "Nice to meet you." He always says "I want to talk to baby."  First thing in the morning when he gets up he's so excited to talk to Harrison.  It's so sweet.  I'm so surprised and really happy that he's adjusting well.

I almost had him potty trained before Harrison was born.  He was doing really good and I feel like he was really close to being potty trained but once Harrison was born he just completely gave up on potty training.  It's been so frustrating Jackson was hard to potty train but once he decided to do it he was potty trained over night.  Link is having a really hard time.   We've started making some more progress the last couple of days but I think it could still be a while before we get him fully potty trained.





Jacks has actually struggled more with Harrison than Link has.  Jacks has been kind of a punk to Link just teasing him constantly and being really disobedient.  He's just really struggling because he's not getting as much attention as before.  He's in a really bad sleep schedule at the moment too.  He's been going to bed at like 10 at night lately which has been so hard for us because then Jordan and I never get a break from them.




Harrison is doing great.  He doesn't sleep that well at night but does great during the day.  He seems to like Jacks and Link.  He likes to watch them a little.  They think it's great to do crazy moves and dances for Harrison to watch.  He's still eating every 2 hours which is super time consuming and hard at night.






Harris is such a sweet little guy and we seriously love him so much.  I can't believe he's only 2 weeks old I can't even imagine life without him.  It seems like he's been here for so much longer than 2 weeks.  Adding a third kid definitely makes things a little more stressful.  I don't really like to take him out a ton so we've mostly just been staying home, going to our parent's houses, and we've been tot he park a couple times.

Everything just seems to take longer with a third child.  Getting ready for the day takes FOREVER!  By the time we all bath and get ready it seriously just takes hours.  If we don't have anywhere to be it's seriously close to noon before we are all ready for the day.  It's just really hard to feed Harrison every 2 hours and I usually have to wait for him to fall asleep before I get in the shower.  It just makes getting out the door a lot harder.  There is a lot more that we have to take with us like extra blankets and cloths because his diaper always leaks.   Jacks has preschool at 9:30 and it's kind of a struggle to get there on time.  We usually have to bath the kids and get as much ready as possible the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment